County Car and Van Rental Support Centre

Driving in Europe

If you're planning on driving in Europe, we are pleased to help. At the time of writing (January 2019) the future rules surrounding driving in Europe on a UK Driving Licence are still being negotiated by HM Government. UK citizens must check, and stay up to date with the latest advice, and plan accordingly.

If the UK leaves the EU without a deal, it is likely that drivers will need to obtain an International Driving Permit in advance of travel. There are three types, so it's possible (but unlikely) you'll need all three. You do need to make sure you have the right type for the countries you are driving in. All three are available from the Post Office.

We also need to know in advance if you're planning to take our hire vehicle abroad. This is to ensure we equip you with the correct documentation such as a Vehicle on Hire Certificate (VE103B). If you're travelling under our insurance cover we'll also need to furnish you with a Green Card and details of breakdown cover. Once everything is in place, we'll authorise your hire vehicle in our systems for travel in the agreed countries.

Powered by HelpSite