Online Booking Cancellation Policy
Customer-initiated cancellation of an order may incur a charge.
Once a booking request has been accepted by us, which includes a discount for 'no changes' then no changes to the booking may be made, and cancellation or no-show will result in a cancellation charge, up to the value of the rental charge.
Once a booking request has been accepted by us, which does not include a discount for 'no changes,' then changes or cancellation to the booking may be requested by the hirer, up to 23:59 three days before collection, without a change or cancellation fee. After that point, a change or cancellation charge up the value of the rental charge will be levied. A no-show will result in a cancellation charge equal to the rental charge.
"No show" means the person named in the booking does not present within 60 minutes of the agreed booking start date, time and rental office.
In all cases:
- Customers may only initiate a cancellation request before the start of the requested rental period. This must be by telephoning the branch and speaking to a rental sales advisor. The point of cancellation will be at the time when the County rental sales advisor processes the cancellation in County’s computer system.
- Change requests to either booking requests or confirmed online bookings will be processed as customer-initiated cancellations, with refunds given in line with the policy applicable to the terms under which the booking request was made.
- Cancellations or no-shows will result in any security deposit or optional extras already paid for, being refunded.
- Refunds take up to seven working days to show in a customer’s account. This delay is beyond our control and the exact timing depends upon the cardholder’s issuing bank.
- Where a booking request cannot be confirmed by County, or where a confirmed booking is subsequently cancelled at County’s prerogative, no cancellation charge will apply, regardless of the time remaining before the hire period is to commence.